Re: Determining the master server

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Howard Chu wrote:

> > I think the referral mechanism resulting from performing a write operation
> > on a slave is the intended mech.  In 2.3 (actually, in HEAD; scheduled for
> > 2.3) you may browse the configuration in back-config ("cn=config") and see
> > if a server is a master or a slave;
> >
> Only the directory administrator has access to cn=config, so clients in
> general cannot do this.

The people asking for this are administrators themselves; I know they
could parse slapd.conf at runtime, but it would be nicer if the server
returned it (as it already has that knowledge).

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 8425-5508 (d) -5500 (sw)
Corinthian Engineering, Level 1, 401 Pacific Hwy, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia