Re: v2.2.24 structural object class modification not allowed

Curt Blank wrote:
> Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
>
>> At 12:58 PM 4/28/2005, Curt Blank wrote:
>>
>>> Now my question is, is this modification not allowed because I have
>>> not allowed the Calendar application write access to the
>>> structuralObjectClass attribute, or is it not allowed period?
>>
>> The LDAP/X.500 information model does not allow changes to the
>> structural object class of an object.  slapd(8) enforces this
>> aspect of the model.
>
> Yeah well that's all fine and dandy but 2.0.27 didn't have this problem
> and now because slapd(8) enforces that this problem exists.

2.0.27 was not strict enough in this regard and did not properly
validate non-compliant input data. But still the problem is your
directory data and not newer versions of OpenLDAP.

You have to sanitize your data. Period. Otherwise you could have
interoperability problems with other schema-aware LDAP applications as well.

Ciao, Michael.