Re: Determining the master server

> Is that mean that we could not know the suffix of the master or any
> information to read the root of the master db.

I'm not sure I understand the question.  If you mean reading the
"cn=Config" database (only available in HEAD and likely with 2.3), the
answer is: only the rootdn of "cn=Config" has access to the "cn=Config"
subtree; the rootdn of "cn=Config" is currently hardcoded to "cn=Config"
itself.  In any case, disclosing that identity (i.e. "cn=Config"'s
password) to clients for the sole purpose of letting them determine if a
server is master or slave sounds like a __VERY__ bad idea, because that
identity can do much harm to slapd: it can write most of its configuration
while the server is running.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati