Re: access to dn= & filter= & attr=

--On Thursday, April 28, 2005 1:30 PM -0600 "Gary C. New" <garycnew@yahoo.com> wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Thursday, April 28, 2005 2:52 AM -0600 "Gary C. New"
<garycnew@yahoo.com> wrote:

Is it valid to write an ACL that uses dn, filter, and attr all in the
same access to line?

Example:

access to dn="ou=test,dc=example,dc=com" filter="(cn=Test)"
attr="cn,sn,givenName,initials"
        by ...

Thank you for the assistance.

Yes.

--Quanah

When was attr introduced? It seems to be broken in the version of openldap (2.0.25) I am using. attr seems to work with a single attribute, but attr does not seem to work with multiple attributes.

Thanks, again, for the assistance.

Please keep your responses to the list, unless you would like to start paying consulting fees. ;)

I know it worked in OpenLDAP 2.1 and later, so I'd guess then. I would highly advise upgrading off of the 2.0 release since it has amazingly ancient, and missing many of the data reliability features of the newer OpenLDAP distributions.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer