Re: openldap client connect limit

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Tuesday, April 26, 2005 8:45 PM +0800 çåå <luozhijian@huawei.com> wrote:

I using directory mark to test openldap.

when I configure dm to start 20 client,50 thread/client,openldap work
well.  when I configure dm to start 21 client,50 thread/client,some dm
client connect failed.then I found  openldap #define LDAP_MAXTHR 1024 in
tpool.c,then I modify it to 4096 and recompile,but it didn't work.

As for your issue, I think the problem would be in DirectoryMark, not OpenLDAP. OpenLDAP isn't going to care how many clients & threads the directorymark process is running.

I'll note that on many systems the default is to allow only 1024 connections in one process, which would explain why 20x50=1000 client threads would succeed, but 21x50=1050 clients would fail. If you want to go above the default system limit you might need to tweak some kernel parameters as well as recompile slapd with a larger FD_SETSIZE.

--
 -- Howard Chu