[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Despite using "-r", ldapdelete always ends with a "subtree delete not supported error"
- Subject: Re: Despite using "-r", ldapdelete always ends with a "subtree delete not supported error"
- From: Safdar Kureishy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:02:01 -0700
- Cc: openldap <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Content-disposition: inline
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=GlQoVBk2LkWIVsZ+g0adGQJTxRmcyjfPD69BLzZwMML5q5cmlkP15iOX8XBZEzDcGpPMRpXXxHZ/4X3kp3T5WNML4udlbyHW+jpqpLuUgF0GNvNVHESte+YPSG50nEjSb3s6BIwjZO+3Lrv167AHnAMYsMDIrPqT512sCu3ITMs=
- In-reply-to: <426958A8.email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <426958A8.email@example.com>
Great thanks. Would you know if the Windows port for 2.3 will be
available anytime soon?
On 4/22/05, Pierangelo Masarati <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Safdar Kureishy wrote:
> >I imported a lot of data into OpenLDAP, and when I try to delete all
> >this data, I am encountering 3 problems.
> >This is the command that I issue:
> >ldapdelete -v -r -H ldap://localhost:389 -P 3 -D
> >"cn=Manager,dc=CustomerData,dc=MyCompany,dc=com" -w password -x -c -f
> >,and 'delete.list' contains only one dn:
> >1) It seems like the deletion is going through just fine, but at the
> >end of the operation I always get this error:
> >ldap_initialize( ldap://localhost:389 )
> >deleting entry "dc=CustomerData,dc=MyCompany,dc=com"
> >deleting children of: dc=CustomerData,dc=MyCompany,dc=com
> >Delete Result: Operation not allowed on non-leaf (66)
> >Additional info: subtree delete not supported
> >I'm using the -r flag so am not sure why this should still be
> >happening. Any idea what else might be causing this?
> >2) Perhaps due to # 1, the actual entry that I try to delete -
> >"dc=CustomerData,dc=MyCompany,dc=com" - never gets deleted. All other
> >entries below it get deleted though this one remains.
> >3) When I try to issue an "ldapdelete" command again on this remaining
> >entry, I again get the error in # 1 (with and without the -r flag).
> >Am I missing something?
> Yes: <http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/Software%20Bugs?id=3385>; in
> essence, it's a syncrepl related issue that's now fixed in OpenLDAP 2.3;
> I don't think it is in 2.2.
> Pierangelo Masarati
> SysNet - via Dossi,8 27100 Pavia Tel: +390382573859 Fax: +390382476497