[Date Prev][Date Next]
Despite using "-r", ldapdelete always ends with a "subtree delete not supported error"
- To: openldap <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: Despite using "-r", ldapdelete always ends with a "subtree delete not supported error"
- From: Safdar Kureishy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:56:23 -0700
- Content-disposition: inline
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=mCn6WDco0s2+rQRj5DQUAMhDiEnprgRKggZCvSUuld+tjSwYOU+Uhlzm7XB7v6P+u9Dm957zLzlk9QnJ4VRvM9yjket79OedGrdWHxfO/14xfRaGe+m60Svdb2zBANjNRHXETlSf3V5UYK6UXhpi6K2zWpyo/jnCVmlr99a0b+s=
I imported a lot of data into OpenLDAP, and when I try to delete all
this data, I am encountering 3 problems.
This is the command that I issue:
ldapdelete -v -r -H ldap://localhost:389 -P 3 -D
"cn=Manager,dc=CustomerData,dc=MyCompany,dc=com" -w password -x -c -f
,and 'delete.list' contains only one dn:
1) It seems like the deletion is going through just fine, but at the
end of the operation I always get this error:
ldap_initialize( ldap://localhost:389 )
deleting entry "dc=CustomerData,dc=MyCompany,dc=com"
deleting children of: dc=CustomerData,dc=MyCompany,dc=com
Delete Result: Operation not allowed on non-leaf (66)
Additional info: subtree delete not supported
I'm using the -r flag so am not sure why this should still be
happening. Any idea what else might be causing this?
2) Perhaps due to # 1, the actual entry that I try to delete -
"dc=CustomerData,dc=MyCompany,dc=com" - never gets deleted. All other
entries below it get deleted though this one remains.
3) When I try to issue an "ldapdelete" command again on this remaining
entry, I again get the error in # 1 (with and without the -r flag).
Am I missing something?