Re: slapadd performance problem in solaris

Your DB_CONFIG file is inadequate.

In general, we also see slower performance on Solaris than Linux, even when properly tuned. But you're not there yet.

Also, since you have just recently begun using the package, you ought to use the most recent available. 2.2.23 or .24 would be better (although .24 added a new feature in libldap that causes it to crash, this feature is being withdrawn from distribution for .25. See ITS#3612. It would be safe to use the 2.2.23 libldap until .25 is released; the .24 slapd is not affected by the bug.)

çåå wrote:

We are testing openldap 2.2.20 recently. We have met serveral problems.

slapadd's performance is not linear with the count of entry in solaris.
under solaris,at the begging of load,size of data file increase quickly,but subsequently load slowly and slowly.And I found,slapd
is always in sleep stat.but it isn't happen when loading 10k data. BTW,suse linux have no such problem.

test result:
solaris suse linux
1k 5seconds 10k 45seconds 100k 780seconds 156 second
1000k 15hours 2031 second

sun test envirment:
hardware:sun v880 2*900Mhz CPU 4G RAM
software:openldap2.2.20 BerkelyDB 4.3.27
config:

DB_CONFIG:
set_cachesize 1 0 0

#   For Loading indexing only
set_flags       DB_TXN_NOSYNC

slapd.conf
database        bdb
suffix          "o=xxx.com"
rootdn          "cn=Manager,o=xxx.com"
rootpw          secret
directory       /export/home/pldap/pldap_run/var/openldap-data
index   objectClass     eq
index   cn   pres,eq,sub

--
 -- Howard Chu