From: çåå [mailto:luozhijian@huawei.com] Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 4:22 AM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Fw: Problem loading 100K entries into OpenLDAP2.2.24

Mavric Domen ITWEN5 wrote:

Hello,

I've performed some tests with 2.3.2 beta release and in general it
works better, slapd stays alive, but it still takes about 200 MB of
memory and it does NOT free it after the loading.

That is normal; you can reduce the entry cachesize in slapd.conf if you want it to keep less memory.

I think it is strange!!
After loading,
free memory reduce size = data file size
And the size have relation with slapd.conf,only affected by data file size.
Even restart slapd,the free memory size didn't increase.

sorry,It's "the size have no relation with slapd.conf,only affected by data file size",not "the size have relation with slapd.conf,only affected by data file size"

--

 -- Howard Chu