[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: Deleting+Adding data while server is running
1) use slapadd/delete for optimal approach
2) If server is running you have to use ldapadd I believe.
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Safdar Kureishy
Sent: 20 April 2005 05:31
Subject: Deleting+Adding data while server is running
I have a situation where I want to drop all the data within an
OpenLDAP server and then do a massive batch import while the server is
still running. I've run into the problem where if I invoke slapadd,
the server needs to be shutdown, but am not sure if this is a
necessity or that I may be doing something wrong.
So, my questions are:
1) Firstly, what is the best way of doing this (full delete + import)
so that the performance is optimal?
2) What is the optimal way of doing this if I want the server to be
3) What is the performance impact of the above approaches (if different)?