Re: Do openldap client tool(ldapsearch etc.) support UTF-8?

At 11:19 PM 4/18/2005, =?gb2312?B?wt7Wvrzh?= wrote:
>I using a a telnet term that support UTF-8(I can show correctly me unicode txt) to slapdadd
>unicode ldif data and import successfully.
>Using ldapbrowser to search openldap,the result is showed corectly,but not with ldapsearch.

ldapsearch(1) produces LDIF, a UTF-8 encoded Unicode
file format.

>Do openldap client tool(ldapsearch etc.) support UTF-8?

Yes.  But they also support and utilize LDIF base64
encoding option where that is either required or
deemed more appropriate than raw data (that may or
may not be UTF-8 encoded Unicode).

Kurt