Réf. : RE: LDAP, bdb, don't want log files for replication

Thank you, it's working.
Maybe it will be a good idea to convert this documentation in html and to
include it in the openldap site ?
I use OpenLDAP for scientific calculations (I need a hierarchic database,
and I don't have time to program it), and my datas are not important, I can
recalculate them. But I need a very fast OpenLDAP for writing.
Without logs, the write process is 20X faster.
Maybe you may keep this DB config flags in future versions ?

                      "Armbrust, Daniel C."
                      <Armbrust.Daniel@mayo.edu         Pour :   openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
                      >                                 cc :     (ccc : ST21/GTMH)
                      Envoyé par :                      Objet :  RE: LDAP, bdb, don't want log files for replication
                      owner-openldap-software@O
                      penLDAP.org

                      18/04/2005 20:07

If you are using a 4.2 release of BerkeleyDB, (preferably 4.2.52 + patches)
you may disable transaction logging by putting these two lines in your
DB_CONFIG file:

set_flags       DB_TXN_NOSYNC
set_flags       DB_TXN_NOT_DURABLE

You cannot do this with the 4.3 releases of BerkeleyDB.

To me, turning on the logs sounds like madness (but my use case of openldap
is quite different from most) because the performance penalty is far to
severe, so to each his own.

Dan