[Date Prev][Date Next]
openldap tuning, too many open file descriptors
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: openldap tuning, too many open file descriptors
- From: Justin Crabtree <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:21:46 -0500
- Organization: Ozarks Technical Community College
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 (Windows/20041206)
We had a server get goofy and flood one ldap server with a bunch of connections.
In the logfile, I see a bunch of the following messages.
daemon: 1024 beyond descriptor table size 1024
After doing some googling, it looks like this a Linux OS issue. So my question
is, does anyone have some good information about tuning and configuration of
OpenLDAP on Linux servers? Preferably something with some information about
gotchas such as this one. Thanks in advance. Server is Fedora Core 3 with
Ozarks Technical Community College