Re: OpenLDAP and wildcard SSL certs

Thanks for the feedback:

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 11:33:16AM -0400, Mike Wisener wrote:
> Did you verify the subjectAltName was actually added on your signed
> certificate? openssl x509 -in <cert> -text

Yes, I did.

> As far as I know, CN should be the fully qualified domain
> name. subjectAltName should have the wildcard.

But that defeats the whole purpose. Then you'd have to have one cert.
for each FQDN and then what's the point of using a wildcard at all?
Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?

--
Brent J. Nordquist <b-nordquist@bethel.edu> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://kepler.its.bethel.edu/~bjn/contact.html