Re: slapcat word wrap?

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
Justin Crabtree writes:

[slapcat] appear to be wrapping at a set number of characters.

sendmailMTAAliasValue: "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe strat-pla
 n"

That's what the LDIF format specifies - almost.  A line starting
with a space is a continuation of the previous line.  You get the
value by removing the newline and one space.  See RFC 2849:
   http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2849.html

I don't know why your output shows lines starting with two spaces,
that puts one space in the middle of the value.  If it's not just
your mail program doing it, maybe you have been outputting,
editing incorrectly and importing again the LDIF files.

Ok, thanks for all the responses. Apparently there was some email warping. Either way, the reason this is a problem is because I am having to parse the dump to a ldif file with a perl script. Is there anyway to prevent the word wrapping? If not, I can do some extra work to reassemble the lines in perl, but I would prefer to avoid that if I can. Thanks for the help.

-- Justin Crabtree Java Programmer Ozarks Technical Community College 447-7533