[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: [openldap] initialize openldap
On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 04:37:22PM +0200, email@example.com wrote:
> Hi everybody
> So I'm new in the mailing list.
> I try to configure openldap on Mandrake 10.0 and it doesn't work
> So I read in forums that I can reinitialize openldap if I delete all file
> who are in /var/lib/openldap
Yes, from my experience this is true. At least with the bdb
> and if I modified configuration files (slap.conf and ldap.conf)
I'm not sure what this means?
> I do that but I can't start openldap !
> what's wrong and how can I reinitialize (completly) openldap ?
> Thank you for answers
I would check the following:
1. Look in syslog for an error
2. Make sure that slapd is not already running (it has to be
stopped before removing the files in /var/lib/openldap).
3. Run the syntax configuration check:
4. If not running slapd as root, make sure that the permissions
are correct on /var/lib/openldap. Also if you're using TLS check
that the private key is readable by the slapd account.
5. Run slapd in the foreground printing debug info to stderr:
slapd -d LEVEL
Where LEVEL is as described for "loglevel" in slapd.conf(5).