Re: Possible values of SSF

--On Monday, April 04, 2005 4:42 PM -0400 FM <dist-list@LEXUM.UMontreal.CA> wrote:

Hello,

I read MAN and admin guide but I cannot see information about ssf
possible values.

for example :
access *
by anonymous  read BUT ONLY IF SSL is on

The SSF values depend on the strength of your key, so there are any number of possible values.

You could of course, always turn on the logs and see what ssf you are getting...

Example from my logs:

Apr 4 06:20:57 ldap9.Stanford.EDU slapd[27584]: [ID 996101 local4.debug] conn=3015 op=2 BIND dn="cn=authority-system,cn=service,cn=applications,dc=stanford,dc=edu" mech=GSSAPI ssf=56

(that's loglevel 256 btw).

I have an SSF of 56 because my ancient K5 key's are only 56 bit, until we can dump K4 and make them stronger. ;)

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer