Re: Casual benchmarking OS performace with OpenLDAP

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:33:55 -0800
Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

> The DB library would be my first suspect; check and see if it has a
> dependency on -lpthread. We usually build BDB with fast gcc/asm mutexes
> but they may have built it with posixmutex support instead, which is
> significantly slower. In 4.2 the gcc mutexes are the default, but I have
> no idea how Debian configures their build.

Could you let me know the configure flags you use for db4 on Linux?

Would that be useful information for this page?

	http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin23/install.html#Prerequisite%20software

Thanks,

| Jim Hranicky, Senior SysAdmin                   UF/CISE Department |
| E314D CSE Building                            Phone (352) 392-1499 |
| jfh@cise.ufl.edu                      http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~jfh |