[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Help writing backend or overlay?
- To: Michael.Smith@domino1.cuny.edu
- Subject: Re: Help writing backend or overlay?
- From: Howard Chu <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 02:14:53 -0800
- Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- In-reply-to: <OF59DA1725.0104A25C-ON05256FD5.0069D40E-85256FD5.006A7F97@cuny.edu>
- References: <OF59DA1725.0104A25C-ON05256FD5.0069D40E-85256FD5.006A7F97@cuny.edu>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050322
Can anyone point me to resources that would be helpful
in writing a custom backend or overlay? For example, documentation
of the backend and overlay APIs and the relevant OpenLDAP
data structures? I've done the obvious googling and come up with
Hm, have you looked in the OpenLDAP 2.3 source tree? The slapover.txt
file would be a good place to start, followed by simply reading through
some of the existing overlays. For most purposes you probably can do
what you need in an overlay, as opposed to writing a full backend.
Best of all, of course, would be A Big Dummy's Guide To Overlays
And Backends. -- Well, a guy can dream, can't he? "A Big Dummy's Guide..." would be summarized as "get someone else to do
it." (Actually, that'd also be the Really Smart Guy's way to do it too... ;)
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. Director, Highland Sun
Symas: Premier OpenSource Development and Support