From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Bala
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 3:09 PM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: slapcat run by cronjob

Hi All,
       I have simple script to take back up our
openldap server using slapcat, as shown below

cd /root
TEST=$(echo "test-$(date +%y%m%d%M).ldif")
touch $LDIF
LDIFFILE=$(echo "openldap-backup-$(date
slapcat -l $LDIFFILE
mv $TEST /root/backup
mv $LDIFFILE /root/backup

this will work if I run from terminal, I am getting
the ldif file with all the data.

 If I put the same script under cron, I am not
getting any ldif file also no log messages, since
test file is there under backup, I am sure cron
job is running.

how to achive slapcat using cron job, anybody using
like this??, how to do that??

thanks in advance,

Do you Yahoo!?