Re: ldap_result returns 0 before exceeding timeout

At 03:47 AM 3/25/2005, xin@autograf.pl wrote:
> [...]

If you really care about how much time is spent doing this
and that, maybe so.  But I think you question how much your
program should care about the time spent doing this or that.

ldap_result() is intended timeout feature to allow programs
not to wait beyond the timeout (because programs often have
other things to do).   If ldap_result returns with
no result, do some of those other things and then ask again
for results.  And if you have other things to do, it seems
odd that you would waste time waiting at all.

Kurt