Separate sets of accounts in ldap

Hi,

I am trying to figure out what is the appropriate setup for accounts on an
openldap server.

I have been asked to have one set of accounts for staff on one server and a
different set of accounts for students.  The question is, should I run two
separate ldap servers or can I just fit them both in one?

1. Scenario One

dc=ibb,dc=gatech,dc=edu
|->ou=People,dc=ibb,dc=gatech,dc=edu (put staff accounts here)
|->ou=Groups,dc=ibb,dc=gatech,dc=edu (put staff groups here)
|->ou=Hosts,dc=ibb,dc=gatech,dc=edu
|->ou=Students,dc=ibb,dc=gatech,dc=edu
   |->ou=People,ou=Students,dc=ibb,dc=gatech,dc=edu
   |->ou=Groups,ou=Students,dc=ibb,dc=gatech,dc=edu
   |->ou=Hosts,ou=Students,dc=ibb,dc=gatech,dc=edu

The problem with this scenario is that computers using:
base dc=ibb,dc=gatech,dc=edu  will find accounts for students, which I do
not want.
Also if I use samba with ldap support, then there will be problems if I have
two accounts with the same uid in both tha main ou=People and the
ou=People,ou=Students.

2. Scenario Two
dc=ibb,dc=gatech,dc=edu
|-> ou=Staff,dc=ibb,dc=gatech,dc=edu
|   |->ou=People,ou=Staff,dc=ibb,dc=gatech,dc=edu
|   |->ou=Groups,ou=Staff,dc=ibb,dc=gatech,dc=edu
|   |-> ... etc

|-> ou=Students,dc=ibb,dc=gatech,dc=edu
    |->ou=People,ou=Students,dc=ibb,dc=gatech,dc=edu
    |->ou=Groups,ou=Students,dc=ibb,dc=gatech,dc=edu
    |->.... etc

3. Scenario Three
   - One ldap server called ldapstaff
     dc=ibb,dc=gatech,dc=edu
     |->ou=People,dc=ibb,dc=gatech,dc=edu (put staff accounts here)
     |->ou=Groups,dc=ibb,dc=gatech,dc=edu (put staff groups here)
     |->ou=Hosts,dc=ibb,dc=gatech,dc=edu
   - Second ldap server called ldapstudents
dc=ibb,dc=gatech,dc=edu
     |->ou=People,dc=ibb,dc=gatech,dc=edu (put student accounts here)
     |->ou=Groups,dc=ibb,dc=gatech,dc=edu (put student groups here)
     |->ou=Hosts,dc=ibb,dc=gatech,dc=edu

Any other way of doing this I am not thinkging of?

Thanks,

Diego