Kerberos + SASL

Hello,

I am having problems understanding kerberos, LDAP and Cyrus SASL interaction.

I am using LDAP to store the users information like uid, home directory, grouid, geco (passwd without the password field).
I have kerberos configured and working.

I understand that SASL is a layer that provides authentication mechanims to protocols like LDAP. By using GSSAPI, as soon as I get a Kerberos TGT I will be allowed to get a TGS for LDAP. However, if the LDAP directory holds my userid and groupid, necessary to pam_krb5, and if I need a TGT to access a TGS for ldap how will I be able to login.

If  I have the concepts wrong please let me know.

Regards,
Francisco