To: "Christiaan den Besten" <chris@scorpion.nl>
Cc: <OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 3:26 PM
Subject: Re: Uid with '+' sign ?

Hi,

On Tuesday 22 March 2005 13:32, Christiaan den Besten wrote:
I have a small problem with inserting a uid "uid=bob+alice,ou=xxx.."
into by ldap. I have (tried to) read
http://www.alvestrand.no/objectid/1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15.html
and its corresponding rfc. But besides being awfully theoretical :)
.. (aren't they always ...) I still don't see how to prepare my add
DN to insert this value.

Precede it with a backslash when it occurs within the values of the
DN elements.

The '+' has a special menaing in DNs, so it must be escaped
when it occurs without that special meaning.

CU
Peter

--
Peter Marschall