RE: slapd

Exactly, "rpm -ql" will tell the content.

RedHat distro also has the same "packaging confusion" issue, the default
install only pulls in openldap-2.X.XX-X, and if one were to "rpm -ql
openldap-2.X.XX-XX", it is NOT everything we need. In RedHat, we need to
pull in other rpms depending on our need.

openldap-devel-2.X.XX-X
openldap-servers-2.X.XX-X
openldap-clients-2.X.XX-X

Anyway, if one is interested in building from source, it would be
better, as someone on this list suggest, to remove all RH openldap* rpms
so that "up2date" won't do any harm if the build from source is
"intentionally" using the same "--prefix" as RH.

Gary

On RHFC3 and RHEL4:

# rpm -ql openldap-2.2.13-2
/etc/openldap
/etc/openldap/ldap.conf
/usr/lib/liblber-2.2.so.7
/usr/lib/liblber-2.2.so.7.0.6
/usr/lib/libldap-2.2.so.7
/usr/lib/libldap-2.2.so.7.0.6
/usr/lib/libldap_r-2.2.so.7
/usr/lib/libldap_r-2.2.so.7.0.6
/usr/share/doc/openldap-2.2.13
/usr/share/doc/openldap-2.2.13/ANNOUNCEMENT
/usr/share/doc/openldap-2.2.13/CHANGES
/usr/share/doc/openldap-2.2.13/COPYRIGHT
/usr/share/doc/openldap-2.2.13/LICENSE
/usr/share/doc/openldap-2.2.13/README
/usr/share/man/man5/ldap.conf.5.gz
/usr/share/man/man5/ldif.5.gz