[Date Prev][Date Next]
AW: install probs
- To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: AW: install probs
- From: "Cadinfo" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:02:51 +0100
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcUkB+GO33+NL/fAS8ilQCa6EVKU7gBNNn1Q
- Thread-topic: install probs
I choose to get binaries from www.blastwave.org since they
had newer versions of openldap than www.sunfreeware.com.
www.blastwave.org seems to have reasonable concept to support solaris.
I heard of it from www.bolthole.com/solaris/LDAP.html.
Anyway I succeeded to import data with openldap.
But there is still a strange thing:
The binaries in my target directory /opt/openldap/bin and
/opt/openldap/libexec are not usable:
ldapadd: Cannot findELF
Fortunately are working binaries generated in the source directory:
So I had to use ldapmodify -a since ldapadd was missing.
The hardest thing was to discover that the message coming from:
"/usr/local/openldap-2.2.23/clients/tools/ldapmodify -a -W -f /usr/local/etc/openldap/test_private.ldif -D cn=Manager,dc=taprogge,dc=de"
ldap_add: Naming violation (64)
additional info: naming attribute 'dc' is not present in entry
results from a bug.
If i change in slapd.conf and ldif
then it works.
This behavior is not described in the docs.