Re: db corruption?

--On Tuesday, March 08, 2005 3:28 PM -0600 Aaron Thoreson <aaront@midco.net> wrote:

I got no response to my previous question regarding deleting replogs, rej
logs and status files, but I believe I've figured it out through trial
and error.  An affirmation of those beliefs would be nice though.

I took down the master slapd and slurpd, then took down the slave slapd.
I copied the .dbb files to the slave slapd, removed the .rej logs, the
.status log and the .replog log.  I then brought services back up. Things
seemed to be ok for a while, but my DBs have drifted out of synch again.

If I run an ldapsearch on the replica for one of the affected accounts, I
get no results.  I try to delete the account, and I get:

Sounds like database corruption to me. Did you have an unclean shutdown? Have you tried running db_recover? Have you thought of using slapcat on the master and then slapadd on the replica?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer