From: Quanah Gibson-Mount [mailto:quanah@stanford.edu]
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 2:10 PM
To: Reinhard Nappert; OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: RE: Constraint violation in Replication setup.

--On Friday, March 04, 2005 2:06 PM -0500 Reinhard Nappert
<rnappert@juniper.net> wrote:

> Quanah,
>
> I start slurpd as follows:
>
> $ROOT/libexec/slurpd -d 65535 -f $ROOT/etc/openldap/slapd.conf
>
> Where $ROOT is the openldap installation directory.

I suggest reading up on the "-t" flag for slurpd, and I think you may
want to change the name and/or location of the slapd replog file.

The way slurpd works is:

Read the replog file created by slapd
Copy that file to the replog location for slurpd Play the changes

The error message you are seeing would indicate to me that the replog
file for slapd and the replog file for slurpd are currently the same
location, meaning slurpd is constantly clobbering itself, and is why you
are seeing such a problem with the IO bits.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer

fantasy and sf books, which foster that deadly enemy to bigotry and
blind faith, the imagination." -- Ursula K. Le Guin