Re: Search Filter

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Kirk A. Turner-Rustin wrote:

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Gyan Singh Baines wrote:

When a search filter is specified, such as

1. ldapsearch .... -s base -b "" "objectclass=*"

If the Object id for 'objectclass' is
is the following filter for the ldapsearch valid

2. ldapsearch .... -s base -b "" "*"

If 2. is valid can you please point me to the relevant

Sorry, the above is wrong. I wasn't thinking.

RFC2251 (sec 4.1.5) says that an attribute description has to be
used in a filter. I assume that means a numericoid won't work.

  Kirk Turner-Rustin       | Programmer/Analyst
  Ohio Wesleyan University | Libraries and Information Services
  http://www.owu.edu       | http://lis.owu.edu