Re: slurpd replication problem/trying to decide whether or not to switch to openldap 2.2 w/sync repl.

--On Monday, February 28, 2005 9:49 PM -0400 Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa <icamargo@unet.edu.ve> wrote:

Hi!

I'm having several problems with slurp replication.  I have a big
deployment (one master ldap server and about 25 replicas).  I'm using
samba as domain controller with ldap backend, and have 22 BDCs in remote
locations (every one of these has it's ldap replica).  I have users that
roam around all the locations, so I decided to have only one directory,
and not a partitioned one.

There were several fixes to slurpd that I'd consider critical in your environment made in the OpenLDAP 2.2 line. So yes, I suggest upgrading. However, I don't suggest using syncRepl in the OpenLDAP 2.2 line. I think you are hitting errors in slurpd that have since been fixed.

From a variety of the changes in the 2.2 line:

Fixed slapd/slurpd replog locking (ITS#3421) Fixed slurpd replog error message bug (ITS#3275) Fixed slapd slurpd update bugs

I suggest using OpenLDAP 2.2.23.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html