Re: Openldap version (proxy cache)

--On Friday, February 25, 2005 12:58 PM -0800 Owen DeLong <owen@delong.com> wrote:

I don't know about FC2, but, FC3 is currently at 2.2.13 and current
OpenLDAP release is 2.2.23.  As such, you're probably fine with FC3
openldap as shipped.  I suspect the FC3 RPMs would work on FC2, since
both use the same kernel and mostly the same libraries.

FWIW, the upgrade from RH9 and FC2 to FC3 has been near painless for me on
multiple systems (no reinstall, just in-place upgrade by booting FC3
disks and upgrading existing install).

Issues to watch out for:
	Apache goes from 1.* to 2.* -- some changes to suexec and modperl
	Changes to SASL

Everything else went pretty smoothly on the systems I've dealt with.

See, I'd argue very differently... OpenLDAP 2.2.13 is *very old*, and many many bugs have been fixed since that release, some of which I'd consider must-haves, like the memory leak fixes that went in around 2.2.17, and the DOS security attack fix that went into 2.2.23. Unless you were very careful with how you constructed your ACL's, I could crash any OL server (2.1 or 2.2) prior to OpenLDAP 2.2.23 with a very simple ldap search.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer