Re: 2.2.23 vs 2.3.1alpha speed compairisons

--On Friday, February 25, 2005 7:10 PM +0100 Jens Vagelpohl <jens@dataflake.org> wrote:

On Feb 25, 2005, at 15:21, Samuel Tran wrote:
After re-installing OL 2.2.23 with BDB 4.2.52 (+ patches) and fine
tuning my config I was able to reach more than 1,000 queries/sec. on a
single server (one client querying).

Hi Sam,

For the benefit of everyone, would you mind sharing the changes and cache
settings you arrived at after your "fine tuning", and maybe mention which
settings helped the most?

I'll note that the cache settings are always specific to a given installation, and it will always take experimentation on the site administrators part to really tune the values in any meaningful matter.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html