Re: back db: readme vs configure

--On Friday, February 18, 2005 9:19 AM +0100 samuele <enlargeyourlinux@yahoo.it> wrote:

Hi to all. I'm running openldap 2.2.19 and db-4.2.52_p2. I`d like
to upgrade to openldap-2.2.23 but in the README file of that release
i found:

     SLAPD:
     BDB backend requires Sleepycat Berkeley DB 4.3
     LDBM backend requires a compatible database manager
     Berkeley DB, GDBM, etc.]

But when i run configure i see:

db-checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb43)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-43)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.3)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4-3)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb42)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-42)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.2)... yes
checking for Berkeley DB version match... yes
checking for Berkeley DB thread support... yes
checking Berkeley DB version for BDB backend... yes

So it seems to me that my version of is ok to run bdb backend.
Who is right? Readme or configure? Is it safe to run openldap-2.2.23
with bdb backend and db-4.2.52_p2?

I don't know where you found it saying it requires BDB 4.3, it requires no such thing.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html