Internal (implementation specific) error Error number: 0x50 (LDAP_OTHER)

I had an issue getting this error...

LDAP said: Internal (implementation specific) error
Error number: 0x50 (LDAP_OTHER)

Doing a little searching in the archives of this list I found that it
might be related to permissions on the database files. Sure enouph it
was...

-rw-------  1 root root  20480 Feb 13 13:23 mail.bdb
-rw-------  1 root root  20480 Feb 13 13:23 mailAlternateAddress.bdb
-rw-------  1 root root  20480 Feb 14 18:33 objectClass.bdb
-rw-------  1 root root  20480 Feb 13 13:23 uid.bdb

My openldap runs as user "ldap" so naturaly it didn't work.

The reason it happened was that I ran slapindex as root after adding
some new index's to my config file. So the moral of the story is check
your permissions after a slapindex :)

Just wanted to post this for people to find if they run into a similar
issue.