[Date Prev][Date Next]
Library compatibility 2.1x 2.2.x
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Library compatibility 2.1x 2.2.x
- From: "Dr. Lars Hanke" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 10:27:47 +0100
- Content-disposition: inline
- Organization: Microsystem Accessory Consult
- User-agent: KMail/1.6.2
since I had a couple of problems getting the Debian OpenLDAP 2.1.30 to work
with TLS, I decided to build my own package. Well, it's all quite homebrew,
but it seems I'm almost there.
However, my package will replace the old libldap2 package containing
liblber.so, libldap.so, libldap_r.so (2.0.130) and the ucdata, with the
current -2.2.so.7.0.16 versions.
My idea is to establish links from libxxx-2.2.so.7 to libxxx.so.2, in order to
provide libraries to other packages (pam_ldap, ldap_nss, etc.) Are there any
issues why applications linked to .so.2 should break when linked to .so.7?
If so, will the so.2 libs understand the ucdata shipped with the current
What are the ucdata though?
Lots of questions,