Re: index_param failed on uniqueMember ?

Am Donnerstag, den 10.02.2005, 08:37 +0100 schrieb Pierangelo Masarati:
> Eddy Tan wrote:
>
> >Howdy,
> >
> >IÂm running slapd version 2.1.30 which has index line inside my
> >slapd.conf as below:
> >     index           objectClass      eq
> >     index           uid,uidNumber,gidNumber        eq
> >     index           memberUid        eq
> >     index           cn,host          pres,sub,eq
> >     index           sambaPrimaryGroupSID  eq
> >     index           sambaDomainName       eq
> >     index           default               sub
> >     index           sambaSID              eq
> >
> >Every service works fine on my ldap (shell auth, samba, etc) but
> >I've got this error inside  slapd.log:
> >
> >bdb_equality_candidates: (uniqueMember) index_param failed (18)
> >

> I suggest you search the archives.  This question has been answered many
> times recently.
>
> p.

I had the same problem, when I had a root/uid=0 account in LDAP AND
in /etc/passwd. The Lookups got just slow. When renaming the LDAP-
Account to e.g. "admin", the problem disappeared (as suggested somewhere
in the archives...)

--
Jochen Witte <devnull@alpha-lab.net>