Re: Unexpected server freeze

Eric Nelson wrote:
Hey Guillaume,
I ended up finding the answer to my problem late last week. Turns out that I was running into the too many file descriptors problem, so I added a timeout entry to my slapd.conf and also raised the maximum file descriptors to something more sane than 256, which turns out is solaris 9's default setting...
The only timeout available in slapd is idletimeout, wich is related to closing client connections. It means the problem would be actually caused by some broken clients, whereas I thought it was the server. I'll try it.

For maximum file descriptors, ulimit -a for root users gives 1024 open files, which is far beyond 256, and /proc/sys/fs/file-max says 419430, so I don't think there is a problem there.

--
If you can keep your head while those around you are losing theirs, you may have misjudged the situation
-- Murphy's New Military Laws n°29