[Date Prev][Date Next]
how to limit number of slapd processes
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: how to limit number of slapd processes
- From: Arnaud JAYET <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 01:14:28 +0100
- Organization: braque.homelinux.net
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 (Windows/20041206)
i'm using openldap (old version 2.0.36 on debian stable) as backend for
mail managing (postfix 2.0.13 + courier-imap/pop 0.37.3).
i've some trouble with high load peak (up to 45-50 !) when broadasting a
mail to all users (1700 users). I do some debug, monitoring and i notice
there is always a lot of slapd daemons (about 40) each daemon takes
about 25-30 MB of RAM.
i've set dbcachesize to 30 MB. Is it directly linked to the size of
running slapd process ?
It is possible to limit number of active slapd processes or the amount
of RAM for each process ? I don't see any parameter for in slapd.conf
Thank you for you're