Re: Best Backend for handling Power Outages

> What backend is going to handle this best? Currently, I have to build
> from backup each time it crashes and having done it about 8 times since
> the server came up about as many months ago, it is getting old.

back-bdb,  it is completely transactional (assuming your using a decent
build).  Long ago when we tested back-ldbm that was pretty easy to
thrash via a "kill -9".

Run a db_recover before starting slapd,  just add it to your service
start script.

> (Yes, I am aware of software to monitor the UPS.)

Yep, I was going to point that out. :)