[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: OpenLdap Problems on Redhat ESv3
- To: "Jens Vagelpohl" <email@example.com>, "Openldap-Users list" <OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: RE: OpenLdap Problems on Redhat ESv3
- From: "Tay, Gary" <Gary_Tay@platts.com>
- Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:00:14 +0800
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcUHaatI307Axb8gR3CVFaO9QyiypgAANTLg
- Thread-topic: OpenLdap Problems on Redhat ESv3
Also for those who do not have RHEL/AS4 which is commercial:
RedHat FedoraCore3 RHFC3 (which is free) includes RPMs for OpenLDAP
2.2.13 and cyrus-sasl 2.1.19.
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Jens
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 3:35 PM
To: Openldap-Users list
Subject: Re: OpenLdap Problems on Redhat ESv3
> As Quanah already posted, using the default OpenLDAP package bundled
> with RedHat is your first mistake. RedHat bundles 2.0.27, which was
> released in 2002 and has been unsupported for quite some time now.
> You're going to need to build a recent release if you want to get
> anywhere with this.
FWIW, RedHat Enterprise 4.0 (and by extension all the free clones) are
finally bundling something that approaches "useful", version 2.2.13,
linked against cyrus-sasl 2.1.19 and other recent pieces.
Jens Vagelpohl firstname.lastname@example.org
Zetwork GmbH http://www.zetwork.com/