Re: 'documentDN' for objectClass 'inetOrgPerson' is not defined in schema

> Hi,
>
> We want to use and already contact database on MySQL from a groupware
> application (eGroupware) as backend for OpenLDAP. First step I installed
> OpenLDAP 2.2.23 with the test db (mysql) and MySQL 4.0.23 on Debian to
> understand the backend sql but I got an error on slapd starting :
>
> # slapd -f /etc/ldap/slapd.conf -4 -d 5
> [...]
> backsql_oc_get_attr_mapping(): attribute "documentDN" for objectClass
> "inetOrgPerson" is not defined in schema: attribute type undefined
> [...]
> then
> slapd stopped.

The attributeDescription "documentDN" doesn't exist in the schema of your
slapd (and doesn't exist in any standard track schema).  The metadata
setup of your back-sql is hosed, I suggest you upgrade to a more recent
version; see CHANGES to track recent fixes and improvements to back-sql.
In any case, the example files are provided as guidelines, likely thy
don't match your existing RDBMS schema and thus will require extensive
editing, so I wouldn't mind too much about that error.

> We have tested ODBC setting with iodbctest and everything is right, we
> have added the directive "has_ldapinfo_dn_ru no" as well in slapd.conf

If you got to metainformation retrieval, everything should be set up
properly.  If you want to keep on testing before upgrading (which I
recommend anyway) I suggest you simply remove the "document" portion of
the metainformation an play with the inetOrgPerson data alone; that should
simplify things, you'll move to multi-object metainfo when you're a bit
more confident in metadata definition.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati