Re: CA and LDAP

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:04:31 -0200, Gustavo Rios <vieira.rios@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey folks!
>
> i would like to manage Certificate with OpenLDAP. I have no solid
> experience with ldap. I wonder if that is possible to do.
>
> The ideia is to manage everything, like crl's and crt's. I am a root CA.
>
> Got the ideia?

IDX-PKI : http://idx-pki.idealx.org/index.en.html
GPL PKI, with LDAP support to store internal certs in OpenLDAP and
publish to another directory, like OpenLDAP, of course.
There are several modules and companion projects developed by IDEALX,
like crypto card support (see OpenSC and Muscle) and Cryptonit.
IDX-PKI is being used in production by several large global
corporations and public administrations in Europe.

Disclaimer : I work for IDEALX, so my advice may be biased.
--
dbarth