Re: retrieve all entries of a search

Hi Pierangelo

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

In 2.2 you can specify limits based on the identity that's requesting the search; these limits include "unlimited". See "limits" in slapd.conf(5).

Thank you, but I don't want to have to modify the server configuration. Actually I am writing software that has to be installed on the customer's network, and if every application using LDAP has to modify the server's configuration, I don't want to be the administrator...
Moreover, even if not every user has to be able to retrieve all the entries of a search result, I can't know who will have to be.

Extended Control paged results is supported by OpenLDAP
ldapsearch -Epr=<n>

... since 2.1; there were selected bugs which were fixed in 2.2 at some point.

I am sorry, I thought it was not implemented.
Where can I find a documentation about how to use the C API to implement this on an LDAP client ?
Just to get all the information I need, with the former versions, was it possible to retrieve the complet result of a search without using paged search, and without an unlimited size ?

François