[Date Prev][Date Next]
ldap server automatically shutdown frequently
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: ldap server automatically shutdown frequently
- From: Taolizhong <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:05:04 -0800 (PST)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; b=HoPeSH38DdETB0uXCDoqDo9/uABsm2xxA8mhOmq1h75plFcsWm5rGwrVn3m9eOWkrNSVuybNMEvw24/PiOakOLI9DX89Ei6oQWG/PERYXdF8dKa664xx8km0z71wq1FXoSAMvaDKY5ZeEekc36/Io9OiH8Ij926KcgOLEyFeQhI= ;
We are running openldap 2.2.17 on a solaris 9 /x86 machine. It has run quite well until today--It become very unstable. The sever automatically shut down itself frequently. The first symptom was the log didn't work. Even though I set loglevel to 256, there was no information written to the log file. After I restarted the syslog daemon, the log utility seemed working. However, it was still very unstable. Some users reported when they tried to log in the system, it generated weird message, for example, a message saying " Are you still having fun yet?".
I did a chkroot scanning, the system itself seemed OK.
I wonder if anybody met this kind of situation before. Any helps or suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Search presents - Jib Jab's 'Second Term'