Re: Problems RH 9

>Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:34:33 -0400
>From: "Jose R. Ortiz Ubarri" <cheo@hpcf.upr.edu>
>To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
>Subject: Problems RH 9
>
>Hi:
>   I'm having problems with ldap client in RH 9.  I succesfully configured a Fedora Core machine to work with my ldap servers.  But with RH 9 I can finger or id the users in my ldap server but I can't authenticate.  I used the same configuration for both Linux versions.

This seems more of a problem with your NSS/LDAP or PAM/LDAP
configuration than with OpenLDAP Software, and hence off topic
here.  Please use either nssldap@padl.com or pamldap@padl.com,
respectively, for issues with these packages.  Also, you might
consider using a Redhat mailing list.  IIRC, they operate a list
for discussing such problems.  Other alternatives exist as well
(see http://www.openldap.org/lists/ for pointers (direct and
indirect) to various other lists).

Kurt