Re: LDAP slurp problem

Since you never stated what version of the software you're using, I cannot
claim my statement is definitely correct, but you should still have a
(minor) problem: your slurpd is propagating updates twice, and for each
database half of them are being attempted with the update identity of the
otehr database, so they fail and return a referral (or fail if you didn't
provide an updateref).  This is what I observe with 2.2.20, it might
differ with older releases (e.g. 2.1 or even 2.0, but I have no chance to
try them).  You can clearly see this by running slurpd and/or the slave
with -d 256.  I call this a minor problem because you're getting the
expected result, only with a lot of unnecessary overhead.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it