[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

Slapindex not working?

[ Yes, I read the archives! ]

OpenLDAP 2.2.17, compiled from FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE ports.

Using Ryan Matteson's cool "ldap-stats.pl" script, I discovered I had an 
unindexed attribute "uid".  So, I update slapd.conf and run slapindex, yet 
I'm still seeing these in the log:

Jan 20 14:38:34 guido slapd[56151]: <= bdb_substring_candidates: (uid) 
index_param failed (18)

Yes, I shut down SLAPD :-)

index   employeeNumber,uid,sn,cn,ciApp,ciHost           eq,pres,sub
(was just "eq,pres")

ldapsearch -C -v -LLL -H "$LDAPURI" "(&(objectClass=ciEmployee)(uid=dave*))" \
        dn uid cn sn telephoneNumber

The odd thing was, it improved wall-clock time by an order of magnitude,
so it did *something*.

Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 8425-5508 (d) -5500 (sw)
Corinthian Engineering, Level 1, 401 Pacific Hwy, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia