Re: slapcat vs. ldapsearch

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:

Tim Nelson writes:
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
-b '' -s base asked ldapsearch to show you the special object with name
'', and ldapsearch did so.  Use -b 'cn=sync,ou=Rpc,dc=webalive,dc=biz'
instead.

I'm afraid it doesn't. -------------------------- # ldapsearch -x -LLL -b 'cn=sync,ou=Rpc,dc=webalive,dc=biz' -D 'cn=sync,ou=Rpc,dc=webalive,dc=biz' No such object (32)

Didn't it say 'Matched DN: some DN' after that?

Afraid it didn't :(.

You could try
 ldapsearch -x -LLL -b 'your suffix from slapd.conf, or the matched DN'
            -s sub "(&)" 1.1
to see which objects are present.

No such object again.

Still, I can't think of much else than a corrupted database, which would
need to be rebuilt with slapadd.  (You could use the data from slapcat,
but of course that might be corrupted...)

I built it with the migration scripts. To rebuild it, do I just do "slapcat | slapadd" or something?

Well, or ldap.conf could point at the wrong ldap server, if you have
another server where the bind DN also exists.  If so, '-h servername'
should help.

It's pointing at localhost, which is correct :).

--
Tim Nelson
Server Administrator

"Your Business, Your Web, Your Control"