Re: ldapmodify (and ldapadd) fails

Quanah Gibson-Mount skrev:

--On Sunday, January 09, 2005 2:14 AM +0100 "Rolf A. Vaglid" <rolf@qt-developer.org> wrote:

Good evening all.

I have a scenario where I do need to add and modify some attributes after
the initial creation of an entry.

tkelev:~/ldap # ldapmodify -D "cn=Manager,dc=tysvernett,dc=no" -W -v -x
-f mod2
ldap_initialize( <DEFAULT> )
add sn:
        Etternavn
adding new entry "uid=test10,ou=People,dc=tysvernett,dc=no"
modify complete
ldap_add: Already exists (68)
        additional info: ÂÃÃUÂ@

What version of OpenLDAP?

--Quanah

This is a SuSE 9.2 system with OpenLDAP 2.2.15-5

# rpm -qa | grep -i openldap
openldap2-client-2.2.15-5
openldap2-back-ldap-2.2.15-5
openldap2-back-meta-2.2.15-5
openldap2-back-perl-2.2.15-5
openldap2-2.2.15-5
openldap2-back-monitor-2.2.15-5

my /etc/openldap/slapd.conf:
include         /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/samba3.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/horde.schema

schemacheck     off

pidfile         /var/run/slapd/slapd.pid
argsfile        /var/run/slapd/slapd.args

database        ldbm
suffix          "dc=tysvernett,dc=no"
rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=tysvernett,dc=no"

rootpw          {SSHA}somethingsecret

directory       /var/lib/ldap

# Indices to maintain
index objectClass           eq
index cn                    pres,sub,eq
index sn                    pres,sub,eq
index uid                   pres,sub,eq
index displayName           pres,sub,eq
index uidNumber             eq
index gidNumber             eq
index memberUID             eq
index sambaSID              eq
index sambaPrimaryGroupSID  eq
index sambaDomainName       eq
index default               sub

my  /etc/openldap/ldap.conf:
TIMELIMIT       15
DEREF           never

host 127.0.0.1
base dc=tysvernett,dc=no
binddn cn=Manager,dc=tysvernett,dc=no
bindpw secretpasswd

pam_password exop

nss_base_passwd ou=People,dc=tysvernett,dc=no?one
nss_base_shadow ou=People,dc=tysvernett,dc=no?one
nss_base_group  ou=Groups,dc=tysvernett,dc=no?one

my /etc/ldap.conf:
TIMELIMIT       15
DEREF           never

host 127.0.0.1
base dc=tysvernett,dc=no
binddn cn=Manager,dc=tysvernett,dc=no
bindpw secretpasswd

pam_password exop

nss_base_passwd ou=People,dc=tysvernett,dc=no?one
nss_base_shadow ou=People,dc=tysvernett,dc=no?one
nss_base_group  ou=Groups,dc=tysvernett,dc=no?one

Thanks for taking your time to look at this.

Cheers
Rolf