Re: replica uri don't allow uri (Was: slurpd questions)

--On Thursday, January 06, 2005 10:40 AM +0100 Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@bayour.com> wrote:

Quoting Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu>:

Standards, Environments, and Macros                 SLAPD.CONF(5)

     replica
          uri=ldap[s]://<hostname>[:port]|host=<hostname>[:port]

Since it states 'uri=...', then i though that 'ldapi' would be allowed but it don't seem to work. Neither do 'ldaps'...

It specifically states the ldap and ldaps URI. I believe slurpd predates ldapi. If it supported ldapi, I'm sure it would say:

uri=ldap[is]://.......

If you are going to do ldaps:// you likely need to specify the port:

ldaps://<hostname>:636

The 'replog' file get's truncated, the 'slurpd.replog' increases (with
the content of 'replog' but no replication takes place...

----- s n i p -----
# -- Primary LDAP server
replica                 uri=ldapi://%2fvar%2frun%2fslapd%2fldapi
                        suffix=c=SE
                        bindmethod=sasl
                        saslmech=GSSAPI
                        realm=BAYOUR.COM
                        authcId=replicator
replogfile              /var/lib/ldap.backup/replog
----- s n i p -----

I've also tried 'uri=ldaps://ldap1.domain.tld' which don't seem to work either...

Ok, so the man page don't say anything about 'ldapi', but it DOES
state that 'ldaps' should work (which it don't for me). Using the
'ldaps' uri from the CLI works perfectly, as does the TLS version
('-ZZ -H ldap://ldap1.domain.tld')...

Of course, you could just use

ldap://<host>

and then use the starttls command for the replica statement to turn on TLS, and skip ldaps:// altogether.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html